- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, washed and patted dry
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 3 tablespoons
- Coarse kosher salt or flaky salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the sesame oil in a large sauté pan until almost smoking. Add the snow peas and turn the heat down a little so they don't burn. Cook, shaking the pan and tossing, for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until just barely warmed through and tender-crisp.
- Remove from the heat and toss with lemon juice. Set aside to rest for a few moments, partially covered with a plate or splatter screen. Test after 5 minutes; they should still be crisp but more tender. Toss with salt and pepper and eat immediately.
Original recipe and pictures from the kitchn