Green green and more green with this delicious combination of mangetout, french beans, quinoa and other healthy ingredients. Some spring feeling entering autumn.
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 150g elbefrut snow peas
- 150g fresh podded broad beans
- 150g elbefruit stringless sugar snap peas
- 50g snow pea shoots
- ¼ cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 75g goat’s feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup toasted flaked almonds
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and blanch the beans and peas for 2 minutes, then refresh under cold water to stop them cooking.
- Remove the skins from the broad beans.
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan and cover with ½ cup water.
- Place over a medium-low heat and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the grains have opened and become translucent.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients together in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the blanched greens in a large mixing bowl with the cooked quinoa, feta, mint and almonds and toss together until well combined. Serve with lemon dressing.
Orignial recipe thank's to InDaily