Minted Sugar Snap Peas
Category Sugar Snap Recipes
Original recipe from Lottie + Doof
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh mint sprigs
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2-1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes.
- Drop the mint sprigs (stems included) into the oil, cook for 30 seconds, then remove the saucepan from the heat. The mint should sizzle, fry, and become crisp but not burnt. Let cool completely, then fish out and discard the mint.
- Bring a large pot of water and the kosher salt to a boil. Set up an ice bath by filling a bowl with ice and cold water. Add the snap peas to the boiling water and cook for 30 seconds. It’s very important not to overcook the snap peas; you want them to lose that raw taste but still be bright green and crisp. Drain and transfer to the ice bath immediately.
- Drain the snap peas and divide them among four small chilled bowls. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoons of mint oil per bowl. Sprinkle with the fresh mint and sea salt and serve.
Chance Stein · August 17, 2018 at 10:06 am
This post is in fact a good one it assists new
the web viewers, who are wishing for blogging.